Deadlines Deadlines
Rescources and more stuff. The new BrokenLove!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

cross-provincial national

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMT

PostPosted: 27-04-2018 04:11:08    Post subject: cross-provincial national Reply with quote

LONDON Comprar Nike VaporMax CS , July 13 (Xinhua) -- IAAF presidential candidate Seb Coe on Monday launched a campaign film featuring world-known athletes past and present as well as British Prime Minister David Cameron.

The three minute film which features Haile Gebreselassie, David Rudisha, Yelena Isinbayeva, Jess Ennis-Hill and Valerie Adams is available to view at www.sebcoe2015.org.

Coe, president of the British Olympic Committee Comprar Nike VaporMax Grises , said, "I am deeply touched that I have the support of such inspirational athletes and the Prime Minister.

"For as long as I can remember, athletics has been at the center of my life. It is the reason that I care so much about athletes of the past, present and the future and it is why I am running for the position of IAAF President. To have the support of such incredible and well respected athletes really means a great deal to me.

"With just six weeks to go until the IAAF election, I am continuing to speak to Member Associations across the world about their priorities for our sport. I am more convinced than ever that we are on the verge of a new golden era for athletics if we embrace the opportunities together and not shy away from embracing change where needed."

Rudisha Comprar Nike VaporMax Blancas , the reigning 800m Olympic gold medallist and IAAF world champion said, "Seb Coe wants to do more than just inspire young runners. He wants to reach out across the world to give them the tools to change their lives. We have a lot of hope in Seb and that he is the man to take our sport into the next level."

Isinbayeva, the pole vault double Olympic gold medallist and three-time IAAF world champion, said, "He understands the need to empower the federations to allow more athletes globally to fulfil their potential. I think he can do a lot because he is very smart Comprar Nike VaporMax 2018 , he is intelligent and has a lot of connections."

British Prime Minister David Cameron added, "If you think of what Seb has done for Britain and for sport, just imagine what he could do for athletics across the world. That's why I wish him the very best as he goes for gold yet again."

by Matthew Rusling

WASHINGTON, Sept. 18 (Xinhua) -- At a time of bitter partisan rivalry, U.S. President Donald Trump is working with the opposition party. But it remains unknown whether such a form of bipartisan cooperation will continue Comprar Nike VaporMax Rosa , experts said.

Trump in recent weeks extended an olive branch to Democrats, in a bid to get much needed flood relief to victims of Hurricane Harvey, which ravaged the city of Houston, Texas in recent weeks.

Trump saw compromise with Democrats as the fastest way to pass relief legislation. To satisfy Democrats, Trump had to tie the bill an increase in the U.S. borrowing limit for around three months -- to the chagrin of 90 lawmakers in his own party that refused to back the bill.

Some experts said the bipartisan cooperation is unlikely to last.

"I don't see the alliance with Democrats happening on a widespread basis Comprar Nike VaporMax Azules ," Brookings Institution Senior Fellow Darrell West told Xinhua.

Indeed, the GOP could put a stop to too much cooperation between the White House and Democrats.

"GOP leaders can refuse to bring their bills to the floor of the House and Senate. If Trump leans too far in favor of Democrats, Republicans will retaliate by preventing votes on the legislation. They simply can refuse to allow votes on things Trump and Democrats want to do," West said.

Trump is not working with Democrats out of feelings of good will, but rather because they can deliver votes for him Comprar Nike VaporMax Rojas , as the billionaire businessman-turned-politician took office many months ago and still hasn't delivered on any major promises, experts said.

"The president is worried that he has no legislative victories despite GOP majorities in the House and Senate. It now is the ninth month of his term and Republicans have not passed any significant legislation. Trump is frustrated with his own party and is seeking if Democrats can help him achieve a few things," West said.

Other experts, however, believe the cooperation could continue.

Dan Mahaffee Comprar Nike VaporMax Flyknit , senior vice president and director of policy at the Center for the Study of Congress and the Presidency, told Xinhua: "Trump is working with Democrats because he can cobble together some coalitions of moderate Democrats and moderate Republicans to move on disaster aid."

"However, on bigger issues like tax reform and healthcare, there are significant challenges towards keeping that kind of coalition together," Mahaffee said.

"This allows Trump to bypass some of the Freedom Caucus members who have completely paralyzed the Republican agenda due to their demands for ideological orthodoxy Comprar Nike VaporMax Hombre ," Mahaffee said, referring to the very conservative branch of the GOP.

It remains unknown whether Trump's bipartisan cooperation will irk his base, which voted him into the White House partly on their dislike of the previous Democratic administration. But some experts believe Trump's base wants to see action, and may not be particularly hung up on political loyalties.

"I think that Trump can continue this cooperation with Democrats because much of his coalition is eager for action of some form, rather than political consistency Comprar Nike VaporMax Púrpura ," Mahaffee said.

West said: "His supporters will adopt a wait-and-see attitude on the Democratic alliance. It will make them nervous, but they also will want to see what Trump can get out of it."

China to build cross-provincial national park for giant panda

Scenery of Xianghongdian reservoir in east China's Anhui

Rally held in Greece to commemorate murdered anti-fascist activist

Protesters riot for third night in U.S. city of St. Louis

China to build cross-provincial national park for giant panda

Aerial view of paddy fields in SW China's Guizhou

Special snacks displayed during 14th China-ASEAN Expo

Scenery of paddy fields in Baicheng, NE China's Jilin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Deadlines Forum Index -> Who are you? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: